Sunday, February 6, 2011

Smile For Camera presents Takeovr @ Roxy!


   I had the opportunity to get out for an evening with Dan and go to Roxy in downtown Orlando on February 1st. With permission from Smile For Camera (http://www.smileforcamera.com/) management, I was able to snap away all night. I can't thank Kevin enough for putting us on the guest list and allowing me to bring my digital appendage! 

   Upon entering, it seems as though Roxy is a small room with a bar, a small dance floor with an elevated DJ booth and a few places to sit. But wait until 11 p.m. when everyone starts to pour in! Once the dividers are opened, and the crowd dances its way into the main room, all hell is let loose.....


Brightly colored lights. 
Strobes. 
Girls dancing on poles. 
VIP guests getting crunk. 
And slammin' DJ's playing dubstep and some of THE best music since your mom has been to a live Beatles concert. 
So go ahead and sip on your free drinks, ladies. And guys, they didn't leave you hangin'. You can have $2 PBR's until 11:30, then they turn into $3 tall boys for the rest of the night. And for the few of you gangsta's, go ahead and carry around that 32 oz bottle of Old English.

   I know it's been a while since I've been out, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. SO, if you get the chance, head over to Roxy on a Tuesday night for Takeovr! Oh, and "LIKE" Smile For Camera on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/smileforcamera?v=wall) for weekly events and to find out where to go to have your picture taken having a good time!!!!


1 comment: